Best Selling Author - Speaker - Life Coach - Certified Fitness Trainer

In April 2007 Keith had a heart attack, underwent lifesaving open-heart surgery and has lost over 200 pounds WITHOUT weight loss surgery.
Keith is America’s #1 Lifestyle Change Expert that specializes in overcoming and preventing heart disease and obesity issues. His message focuses on healthier living that inspires others to take action to live a longer, happier and ultimately healthier life.
Recipient of the American Heart Association - Start! Lifestyle Change Award
“If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” -Thomas Edison

Keith's Mission Statement

"To inspire and motivate others to believe that a healthier life is one bite and one step away."

June 17, 2010

Pay Attention and Don't Ignore Symptoms

I had a tough day.  I woke up at 4am to go to the bathroom.  I had some discomfort on the left side of my back.  Kidney area.  The discomfort quickly turned to pain and kept getting worse.  I couldn't sleep and knew something was wrong. Around 6am I was getting scared thinking it could be a kidney stone or worse.  At 7am I couldn't take it any more and called the 24hr nurse line from the insurance company.  We talked and I simply couldn't wait to go to urgent care (which opened at 8am) and decided to get to the emergency room.  I went to St. Rose where my heart surgery was.  Yes, I was in a lot of pain.  After a shot of Dilaudid for pain they did a CT scan.  It turned out I had a severe kidney infection that came on super fast with no warning.  Antibiotic and Pain medication prescribed.  The ER doctor and nurse were fantastic and the staff was great as well. I can't explain how I got it (either could the doctor) but I feel like the luckiest guy in the world.  I'm in the best shape I've ever been in and I can deal with an infection.  I was scared.  It just goes to show you that things can and do work out for us.  Now this wasn't a heart attack but my instincts told me it was too much for me to handle and I couldn't take a chance.  I'm gonna get some sleep.  Have a heart healthy night. - Keith

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better!
    Susan
    http://www.neednumbers.com

    ReplyDelete